- Telecoms Consultancy
- Financial Planning
- Mobile Networks
- Global Data Networks
- Transformational Change
- Business Coaching
- Product Planning
- Device Development
- Mobile Services
- Project Management
- Product Management
- Telecom Consultant
- Business Case Production
I am an independent consultant working in the UK providing interim business, telecoms and IT services to UK and Global companies.
I have extensive business and financial expertise coupled with expert technical knowledge of telecoms networks, devices and services in both the business and consumer market.
I work usually as an interim consultant trouble-shooter - fixing, expanding, rationalising and planning new mobile and fixed network products and services.
My background includes many interim roles including at Vodafone and Vodafone Group (7 separate roles) managing their Global WAN (IPVPN), Global Conferencing, UK and Global TV and Video, UK Mobile internet... and have also had interim roles at Motorola, O2, Orange, Nokia, MCI WorldCom, Ericsson and Hutchison - developing new mobile devices, new mobile services and managing network rationalisations and network migrations.
Henry Hancock Associates Ltd
Consultant / Business Coach1 - 5 Employees 1999 - Current
Proving interim management / consultancy services for the following companies:
- Global IPVPN: (2015) Principal Product Manager - Expanding Vodafone’s IPVPN (Global WAN) network globally from 64 countries covered to 83 countries to move Vodafone into Gartner’s “Magic Quadrant”. (Revenue €700M/year)
- Conferencing: (2011) Senior Product Manager - Defined Vodafone’s conferencing strategy, delivered Vodafone Meet Anywhere apps (using Agile) and successfully launched conferencing to key Global Enterprise customers. - Revenue increased from 0 to £1M per month.
- TV &Video: (2007-2010) Senior Product Manager - Defined Global TV strategy working with 21 OpCo TV networks, advised Vodafone partners on mobile TV services (CTO level), organized conferences, improved underperforming networks. (Revenue > £50M/year)
- UK IPVPN: (2014) Working for SAS Managed IT Services inside Vodafone to formulate a technical delivery plan and business case for the introduction of Rapid Deployment of services to customers within 48 hours instead of Vodafone's standard 6 weeks.
- OSS Roadmap: (2012) Senior Project Manager - Developed the OSS domain strategy and Program managed three projects including moving 12 of the current 35 OSS systems onto a single BI platform.
- TV and Video: (2006-2007) Senior Product Manager Managed TV strategy and the live TV & Video service, improved customer experience through incremental upgrades resulting in a 5x uplift in revenue over a year which was followed by a call to move to Vodafone Group. (revenue £12M/year).
- Mobile Internet Access: (2002) Product Manager responsible for daily service quality, developed device configuration apps and rolled out to customer and launched the first High Speed Data card for laptops.
- Product Manager Business Mobile Data - Created a new corporate data product, from conception to launch and delivered to customers in record time.
MCI WorldCom (1997-1999)
- Product Manager Wholesale Data Services - Developed a strategic product roadmap to exploit WorldCom’s Europe-wide dark fibre network, signed off by all key management stakeholders. Initiated projects to fulfil roadmap including a European-wide bandwidth-on-demand data service, Colocation Business and Wholesale Services.
- Project Manager Network Migrations - Successfully migrated three m2m, MVNOs from Three UK onto Hue’s Global mvne platform, notably achieving time and quality targets for the first time in Hue’s history.
Implemented a new Alteryx and Tableau (BI) business reporting system to provide management reports on eight mvno networks connected with Hue’s mvne platform.
- Senior Project Manager Device Development - Developed a new intrinsically safe TETRA hand-portable radio, utilising offshore hardware and software development teams.
- Project Manager ODM Device Development - Managed the software development and launch of a new O2 branded music phone and service. Produced from scratch O2’s mobile device technology roadmap.
- Senior Manager Mobile E-Commerce - Created and delivered a mission-critical mobile content-delivery system used for pre-sales support and customer trials.
BSc Hons Electronics and Physics
Prince 2 Project Management